Hurricane Preparedness and Central Florida
Well, Central Florida, a Hurricane Dorian is barreling for the heart of Orlando. Now is the time to stop what you are doing and prepare. If you never been through a hurricane, we recommend you review the hurricane preparedness guide on News 96.5 WDBO.
We at Custom Fence Orlando encourage you to prepare, stay safe, and do not forget about your fence. We spoke with, Kip, the owner of Paramount Fencing and Co-Host of the Florida Home and Garden Radio Show on News 96.5 FM and he said, “We have moved to threat level “Red”. So now is the time to prepare your fence”. He followed up with five things that will possibly save that fence, money, and your life as a storm approaches. They are listed below:
1. If you have a pool, purchase an orange safety barrier fence from the home improvement store prior to the storm. It is impossible to find after a storm. You need to be able to secure your liabilities.
2. If you have a wood gate, take a small piece of 2″ x 4″ and screw it with 3″ screws to both the gate and hinges post, at the top, at the bottom. If possible, open the gate fully and screw it to the fence structure itself.
3. If you have an Aluminum gate, just bungee cord it.
4. If you have a vinyl gate, take it off at the hinges and put it in your garage. Check all post caps. If they’re not glued down remove them and store indoors.
5. Regardless of what type of fence you have, go to the home improvement store and buy several ninety-degree angle brackets. Secure the last component of the fence, runner or post, to the house together. It could be the difference between your insurance viewing that fence as a structure of the house or a detached structure.
He further added. Now is the time to think about the aftermath. Dorian is likely to hit the Central Florida area as a Category 2 with winds between 90 and 110 MPH. So it does not matter if you live in Orlando or Oviedo, Winter Springs or Winter Park, or Orange County or Seminole County, fences are going to come down. Fence professionals will be in high demand. Now is the time to get on a pre-hurricane list. Otherwise, you will experience longer than normal wait times and have to settle for two guys in a truck.
Below is Paramount Fencing’s Pre Hurricane Estimate Request.
Pre Hurricane Sign Up Estimate List
Now is the time. Sign up for Paramount Fencing’s Pre Hurricane Estimate list. We will return calls in the order in which they were received.